Thursday, January 21, 2010

Personal Update Time!

This post is dedicated to a personal update! An update solely about ME!

It's been a whirlwind week to say the least. Last Wednesday I moved back to Kent State. By myself. It was hard work, readers. I moved all the things I had brought back from home into my very new room in a different hall. Then I moved all the things from my old room into my car and then from my car to the new room across campus. It was a long day. Why did I have to move, you ask? Well, this little lady got herself a JOB! I'm the new Resident Assistant on the 4th floor of Koonce Hall. I'm in the big leagues. I'm in control of 60 or so girls with the median age of 19 (I think my eye just twitched from typing that).
The weekend that followed my move-in day was filled to the brim with endless training on how to be a new RA. It wasn't as bad as it sounds and I went though the process with some great people. I'm working with a wonderful staff...and not just because they could possibly be reading this. After that weekend was over it was time for classes to start. I took a step back this semester and decided not to take more than 18 credit hours like normal. I'm in calc 3, linear algebra, ed psych, ed tech, and a religion class. So far so good on that end! Soon I will have a major life changing interview that will decide if I get into the actual program and can start observing in the classroom or not. I just broke into a sweat thinking about it. I'll be sure to keep you posted on that.


Another note: I've raised over $1100 in the past couple of months! I've had some amazing support from a lot of different people. Thanks!

Days until Malawi: 176

No comments:

Post a Comment