Monday, March 15, 2010

A Rock and a Hard Post

Get it? You see what I did there? I crack myself up!

It's been a while since I last wrote a post and since I'm procrastinating working on an assignment (story of my life!) I thought I'd fill you in on...stuff.

Recently, I interviewed and was accepted into Advanced Study in the the education college here at Kent State. That translates into me being accepted into the actual education program. I'm no longer just an education student....I'm a real live teacher applicant. Next fall I start observing and I can't wait! This process has prompted me to think a lot about where I want to do my student teaching and it's kind of created a little bit of an issue for me.

If you know me, you know that I'm a very decisive person. I usually make decisions pretty quickly and stick to what I say. This decision of where I want to do my student teaching, and where I want to teach for that matter, is making me a little nervous because at the moment I'm caught between three very different scenarios.

Scenario 1: Student teach in a local school here in NE Ohio, be an RA, and finish up school like a normal kid.
Scenario 2: Student Teach abroad in a developed country (I'm thinking Switzerland or England) and have the experience of living in another culture than mine but still be able to have most of the amenities of life in the US.
Scenario 3: Student teach in a developing country and have the experience of a lifetime.

I think you can tell which one I like the sound of most. These are all valid choices that will could give me amazing opportunities, but which do I choose? I guess I have some time...I won't student teach until Spring semester of 2012 but also if you know me well you know that I like to plan ahead.


Countdown to Malawi: 122 days

Malawi fact of the day: Malawi's motto is "Unity and Freedom."

Also: Beware the Ides of March!!!

Also Also: follow me on twitter? "abbsnicole"

3 comments:

  1. Who's kid are you? Let your dad give you a little hint. Pick SCENARIO 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which scenario will get you a REAL job, where you actually want to work? That's your answer. It is extremely difficult to find teaching jobs in Ohio, so you need to make yourself the best candidate possible. What would you want to see on your resume if you were interviewing someone?

    ReplyDelete